Caring for seniors need a different kind of approach. They have specific needs that can be met only by experts and experienced healthcare providers. Improving health care for seniors can now be aided by technology. The next thing to do now is to start teaching seniors technology. There are a number of apps available in Google Play and App Store to help assist seniors to get on with their life with ease and convenience.
One of the areas that can help improve senior’s lives is communication between them and their healthcare provider. Some healthcare issues cannot be attended to in one visit. Some seniors do not want to take the hassle of setting up appointments. There seems to be an issue between seniors and health care providers that needs bridging.
What seniors need to do before doing to the health care provider:
- Provide all information about yourself that is relevant to your health and would help healthcare providers give proper and quality care.
- Tell your healthcare providers about your exercise routines or your diet plan.
- Make a list of everything you want to tell your healthcare provider. Make sure that you ask all the questions you want to ask. Sometimes seniors tend to easily forget things when they are already facing their healthcare provider.
- Bring all the medications you are taking or you have taken regularly. Some seniors are fond of taking medications. Before you visit your health care provider, place everything in your bag. This can include herbal supplements, pills, painkillers, prescription drugs, etc.
- Bring a companion. It is important that you bring a companion during the visit. You can bring a friend or a relative so that there will be someone who can tell you if you missed something and did not understand what your health care providers say. If you need an interpreter, it is best that you bring one as well.
Importance of Technology for Seniors Today
Another great innovation for seniors is the Realtime Senior Living app. The said Facility App serves the needs of care homes and senior communities to market their facilities or their room availabilities near your area, in addition to highlighting the amenities and advantages. It can also provide you with information regarding price range and the types of cared offered. This app is also perfect for those seniors with specific needs. The information that the apps provide is updated real time. The app can be downloaded on both Google Play and Appstore.
If you have a loved one whom you feel needs some improvement and convenience when it comes to health care seeking process, Realtime Senior Living is definitely a good app to use. You might want to consider teaching seniors technology that will significantly make their healthcare appointment and admission more convenient.
To learn more about our services feel free to contact us via phone or email. Our Realtime App ensures an efficient exchange of information ‘The technology solution for the senior industry’